Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Worry Steals Joy


(sorry, no lily pictures from my garden this year, only tulips)


Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin  yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you...
(Matthew 6:25-30)


If I got paid for every moment I spent worrying, I would be a trillionaire. The funny thing about worrying about the future, is that it doesn't change anything. Worrying is a way of trying to control that which you have no control over. 


Today, I was called by a doctors office telling me about an abnormal lab value. This specific lab value could mean anything from the fact that I was dehydrated when the test was taken, to pointing to the fact that my kidneys might be failing. In the past, I would frantically trolling the internet trying to glean all the information I could about this lab test. But it will not change the results. I have to wait until next week to be retested. 


I can either be determined to enjoy the next week of my life or I can decide to worry about the results of this test for the week. In the past, I let worry still my life and my joy. This week I will try a better way of coping. I am determine to relax and not focus on what I can not change. Today I choose to seize a new way to cope.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let people know her lab levels came back ok.

    Rick (Suzy's husband)

    ReplyDelete