Monday, June 4, 2012

Taking Control

The best way I know how to seize the day is to take control of my life is to make a plan. I'll never forget the first time I heard the quote, "People don't plan to fail; they fail to plan".  It was in 1981, during a MASH episode and spoken by Colonel Sherman T. Potter. It made an impression on me.  Therefore the best way to seize the day that I can think of is to start with a plan. I'll  start by seizing the moments that make up my day.

Haweye, BJ , and Colonel Potter
When you work, most of your day is mapped out for you either by the dictates of deadlines or your employer. However when there is down-time how do you decide what to do? Where do you start?  Well, if the point at which to start is buried under a bunch of junk or clutter and you can't find the bills that need paying, or the art supplies for that project you wanted to start then it is time for...


OH NO.........Not the...Don't say it.......Please don't let it be so....it is.....drum roll please... 
     DE-CLUTTER BUSTER TIME!


I certainly didn't want to have to say it. However, clutter takes times away. Organization saves time and money.My husband, God bless him came from a family that lived like pack rats. Don't get me wrong if you ever needed something they might just have it. Well, that is if you could find it. 


I don't have the stamina I once had to do major cleaning all in one swoop; I can handle cleaning up a few things at a time. Instead as looking at this as a lose I've now turned de-cluttering into a game. I do It be just straightening up 3 things in a room before I leave the room. It is amazing what  straightening 3 things can do. Yup, I do this each and every time I leave an area when I play the game. With two large dogs, a husband, and adult children coming in and out, I play the game often. I make cleaning fun. With cleaning this way I can seize tiny little moments of time that could slip away without my notice. I have better things to do with my time than clean. 






*Photo is public domain photo of MASH personnel


No comments:

Post a Comment