Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Feeling Broken

I've often felt broken and beyond repair. At those times, I tend to pull into myself and away from people. The sad thing about this response is that this is exactly when I should be seeking out people. The other thing is although I've felt broken and beyond repair that isn't truth. None of us are beyond repair. Although I wear the scars, the scars are signs of healing. I won't be the same as I was before the injury, but there are those who can help me when I'm feeling broken by life and/or illness.


The truth is it isn't just the chronically ill, those that have been sexually abuse, or  those that have been __________ (you fill in the blank). Everyone has felt broken at one time or other. “Broken” comes in all shapes and sizes. When you feel off, no matter how profound or slight, the only thing you can seem to focus on is the flaws.


Heck, the world is broken ...just look at the pollution, global warming... The truth is there is only so much healing this side of heaven. But while we are in living on this broken planet, we have been given helps to mend our brokenness. Sometimes it is medicine, sometimes it is a friend, and sometimes it is the Spirit of God that lets you know in some manner He didn't leave you or forsake you. 


Be gentle with yourself when you are feeling broken. Talk with someone about how you are feeling. If you can speak with them face to face; if not, call or text a friend, family member, or therapist. It is ok to ask for some support when you need it.













No comments:

Post a Comment