Tuesday, June 5, 2012

How are you? F.I.N.E


source

On April 21, 2012, British artist David Shringley's billboard hung over 10th Avenue and 18th Street in New York City. Hopefully, it will spark some intelligent dialogue. Because this question on others like them such as, "How are you?", set my teeth on edge! It did this morning. Most people treat the question, "How are you?" right up there with the greeting statement, "Hello". Most people choose to answer, "How are you?" by telling an untruth (also known as a lie). They say I'm fine. 

This T-shirt is available for sale at Zazzle.com (No, it is not my brilliant idea) 
Today if someone were to ask me this question and honestly mean it, I'd tell them the truth. I feel like crying. I thought today was the day I'd get some relief from pain; however, they screwed up my appointment at the doctor's office. At this point in time, they are telling me I can't get an appointment until June 15th. If I had known that I would have scheduled a different appointment for the morning; it would have been to take care of the newly acute case bronchitis that I seem to have picked up at yet another doctor appointment. And because of the bronchitis I can't get the shot I was scheduled for today to help with the pain from my Mixed Connective Tissue Disease...Blah, Blah, Blah.... No one really wants to hear the truth, do they. Unless people want to hear the truth of "how are you?', perhaps they should adopt the policy of don't ask. Then we can not tell...or say






No comments:

Post a Comment