Sunday, June 3, 2012


My son, Josh, flew in to visit for the weekend. I call him my SUNNY BOY , that is because he bring so much light and love into my life. If I want to go anywhere or do anything special, he'll take me. I usually go anywhere other than doctor visits; therefore, if I am up to it when he is home -- off we go. He might take me to a movie or just the drive through at Starbucks. There have been times that I've been desperate enough just to ride along to the Target, which is only ten minutes away .Our trips out are never long or far; but it is change from being at home 24/7. Usually, after such a trip I come home and nap. 


The night he flew in I felt well. I was anxiously looking forward going to the mall in the morning with him. He said he was going to pick up my belated Mother's Day gift. I knew what he picked out and was excited about it. When I woke up in the morning, it was wet, raining, and I felt like was having an allergy attack or getting sick. 


One of my many teapots.
I could have decided that since the day looked miserable, the rain was miserable and I felt miserable; I might as well be miserable. The other decision I could make was we haven't had much rain lately. The rain will be good for the crops. I decided to embrace the Irish proverb which states, "Any day on the green side of the sod is a good day", and make the best of the day. With my daughter, Chrissie and Josh, I decided we could have a tea party. Josh set it up for us. It was complete with some tea from Teavana and homemade brownie bites. It brought back wonderful remembrances of times our many tea times together.





No comments:

Post a Comment