Thursday, September 27, 2012

Living with Multiple Illnesses and Hope


I wanted to get this done long before September 16 (the beginning of Chronic Invisible Illness Week).Why? Because I have to make the most of the days when I feel half decent. I even had most of this written but I just didn't even get as far as the first proof read.

Far to many of my days seem lost due to migraines,or pain running rampant through my body. Many days my arms, elbows and hands refuse to cooperate. Today is the second day in a row I have sliced my fingers instead of the vegetables I was chopping. 

All encompassing fatigue frequently steals my days, leaving me not only feeling like a bedraggled dish rag, but  also spending the day in bed. So learning planning ahead is one of the lessons I've learned due to my multiple illnesses. 

To be honest, there is no way I'd make it on my own with these illnesses. I have a supportive family, some wonderful friends, a fantastic therapist. But in the midst of my pain and suffering their is only one that fully understands me completely. That is because He made me; He made me just the way I am. He knew in advance everything I would ever do, and He still died for me. I don't know why He hasn't healed me this side of heaven, and that is ok. He has His reasons. All I know is through it all He is with me.  He is the one I can call on at any day or hour and He will always be there for me, even when I don't feel it. When we don't feel it, it is called walking by faith. 

The week of Invisible Illnesses was about Visible Hope. That week has come and gone. Unfortunately, my illnesses have not, but then again neither has my faith and hope left either. Some may say that not only are my illnesses invisible, but so is my God. To answer that I'll use the words Billy Graham is famous for saying, "I’ve seen the effects of the wind, but I’ve never seen the wind." I too have seen the effects of God in my life and therefore He is my visible hope. I know He is there even when I'm in pain. 

Please enjoy the following YouTube Video sung by Mandisa: He Is With You





No comments:

Post a Comment